Mrs. Debbie Barger
Title: Vice President for Enrollment Management
Dept.: Enrollment Management
Office: Humphrey Center E37b
- Vice President for Enrollment Management at Grand View University since 2009 overseeing the areas of admissions, financial aid, athletics, GV Complete and adult and graduate recruiting.
- Previously worked as the Director of Outreach at Iowa Student Loan and the Director of Financial Assistance at Simpson College.
- Served as a member of the National Association of College Admissions Counseling Affiliate Presidents Council (2012 – 2015)
- Member of the Gear Up Iowa Advisory Council (2014 – present)
- Member of the ELCA Collaborative Marketing Team (2011 - present)
- Member of the Iowa Association of College Admissions Counselors (1999 – present)
- Have chaired or participated in numerous state, mid-west and national financial aid committees and has consulted and trained for the federal Department of Education.
- Bachelor of Arts degree (Science), University of Northern Iowa
- Graduate work, University of Northern Iowa and Iowa State University
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Financial aid
- Retention issues
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Des Moines location, emphasis on hands-on experience - internships, practicums and clinical experiences.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|The community/people and the students we serve.