Dr. Sarah Miller Boelts
Title: Associate Professor of Spanish
Dept.: Modern Languages
Office: Jensen Hall 113
- B.A. in Spanish from Central College
- M.A. in Spanish from the University of Northern Iowa
- Ph.D. in Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian Literatures and Linguistics from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Latin American culture, history, and literature
- Teaching Hispanic cultures
- Women's issues in contemporary Cuba
Research / Accomplishments
- Many conference presentations, both national and international, on topics of Cuban literature and culture.
- Article reviews for journals and textbook reviews.
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View allows students to learn actively while getting personal attention and feedback from instructors. There are numerous learning opportunities outside of class, such as local internships or study abroad possibilities.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|I enjoy seeing the growth in students throughout their time at Grand View, both academically and personally.
- "Professor Sarah is my Spanish teacher. Spanish is my third language that I am learning, but professor Sarah has made the class convenient for me. She is always looking for an opportunity to teach the students in a way that students learn easy. I have learned so much over these 2 months than I ever have in my entire course. I have confidence when I am speaking Spanish, as well as writing. She is very polite and understands me so much, which makes me glad that I belong to Grand View. She always gives good feedback that I have always scored well every time I do a lab writing or a exam. Professor Sarah has all the qualities a PhD degree holder should have." - Sumitra Basnet