The Heritage Society was established in 1987 to recognize those who, with vision and generosity, have made a provision for Grand View through a will, trust, annuity, life insurance policy or some other form of planned gift.
For many Heritage Society members, a planned gift is an extension of a donor's generosity and support of Grand View during their lifetime. Heritage Society members are partners in Grand View today and help ensure the quality of Grand View's faculty and programs well into the future.
Grand View has a rich heritage. In 1896, the Danish founders of this institution were deeply committed to aiding the development of young people by providing a quality educational experience. Growing from its early "folk school" roots, Grand View has become a strong, vibrant university offering both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Today, Grand View continues to position itself to meet the changing times and the ever increasing demands of its current students. An institution of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Grand View opens its doors and hearts to students of all faiths, offering them a quality, affordable education.
Contributions and sacrifices of those from the past have made it possible for students today to enjoy a vibrant learning environment and life experience. Grand View has been blessed with literally thousands of alumni and friends throughout the country who hold their Grand View experiences dear and whose lives have been positively affected by their studies at Grand View. Many of these individuals have stepped forward to demonstrate their loyalty by becoming members of the Grand View University Heritage Society through a planned gift.
Why Join the Heritage Society?
If you answer "yes" to any of the following, consider making a legacy gift to Grand View University:
- Have you been touched in some way by the Grand View experience?
- Do you have a desire to see your support of the school continue after your passing?
- Do you see the need for a strong endowment for the future of Grand View and its students?
- Have you already remembered Grand View with a planned gift?
Check Out These Benefits
- A special invitation and recognition at the Presidents's Club Dinner during Homecoming weekend.
- The gift of an oak-framed watercolor print of the Humphrey Center (Old Main).
- Members names are added to the Heritage Society Recognition Wall, located on the second floor of the Humphrey Center (Old Main).
How to Join
- Notify the Advancement Office that you have remembered Grand View in your estate plan.
- Contact the Director of Planned Giving at (515) 263-2828 and let us know of your intention to include Grand View as part of your legacy.