National Alumni Council Scholarship Application
This scholarship, established in 2013 by Grand View University’s National Alumni Council (NAC), is designed to assist students in reaching their educational goals. It is the donors’ hope that the recipients of this scholarship will seek to better their lives, and be positive role models for others as they work to improve their communities. NAC awards an annual $1,000 scholarship that is paid as two equal payments in the fall and spring semesters of the upcoming academic year.
Application deadline: March 1, 2024
- Complete the FAFSA by March 1
- Complete this application and the essay by April 4
- Write an essay of no more than 1000 words which: 1) Tells why you chose GV; 2) Describes how and why you will stay involved with GV after graduation; 3) Explains your future plans as they relate to your area of study; and 4) Describes the impact this scholarship will have and how it will alleviate financial burden.
The scholarship committee will select recipients based on the following:
- Desire to impact your alma mater and the importance of alumni connections to the University
- Ability to communicate well in writing as demonstrated in the required essay
- Academic performance (minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Financial need