Public Health Major
The public health major at Grand View University prepares students to promote health in individuals and communities. Public health is a broad major, including components of biology, epidemiology, kinesiology, economics, psychology, statistics, business and communication. Upon completing the program, students will be prepared for a career in a governmental agency, non-profit organization, educational setting or business; as a community health worker, health education specialist, or worksite health promotion professional; or to enter a Master’s in Public Health program.
Why Grand View?
- Blended Coursework - The public health major includes both in-person and online coursework.
- Interdisciplinary - Students will be exposed to a variety of disciplines including biology, kinesiology, political science, communications, psychology and business.
|Students will be prepared for the following types of jobs:
- Community Health Worker
- Health Education Specialist
- Worksite Health Promotion Professional
- Health Care Administrator
- Prevention Specialist
- Or to enter a Master’s in Public Health program