Title: Lecturer of Counselor Education
Dept.: Counselor Education PRGM
Dr. Tawny Chamberlain completed her PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision with a specialization in Rehabilitation Counseling at the University of Iowa in 2018 and has been an adjunct professor for the department of Rehabilitation Counselor Education in the College of Education at the University of Iowa since
- PhD Counselor Education and Supervision from University of Iowa
- Specialization in Rehabilitation Counseling
- MS Rehabilitation Counseling from St. Cloud State University
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in Iowa
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
GV Start Date
Adjunct professor for the department of Rehabilitation Counselor Education in the College of Education at the University of Iowa since 2018.
In addition to teaching, Dr. Chamberlain has worked in the private practice setting and currently works at a neuro-rehabilitation outpatient facility focusing on providing counseling services to individuals who have sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI), a stroke, Parkinson's diagnosis, or other neuro-related diseases/disabilities, as well as, working with caregivers.
Dr. Chamberlain's pedagogical approach employs experiential and cooperative learning to develop the skills that students need to provide counseling services.
- Disability policy issues
- Outcome research for individuals with disabilities
- Adjustment process