Admitted International Students
We hope you are as excited as us about the next journey waiting for you at Grand View University! In a short amount of time, you will get to enjoy the full Viking experience. Until then, we have provided an easy list of admission steps for you to complete:
- Pay Your Deposit. All international students are required to pay a deposit of $1,700 before the I-20 is issued. $100 will be held as a nonrefundable enrollment deposit, $200 will be held as a housing deposit, and the remaining $1,400 will be applied toward your first semester tuition bill. Pay your deposit as early as possible to ensure enough time to receive the I-20 and apply for your F-1 Visa. Your deposit for fall semester enrollment must be paid by July 1 and by November 1 for spring enrollment. You may pay online or mail a check to:
1200 Grandview Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50316
- Receive I-20 from Grand View University. The I-20 is a very important document. Be sure to safeguard it; do not lose or misplace this as you will need to carry the original i-20 when traveling.
- Proof of Health Insurance. All international students are required to obtain health insurance coverage in the United States. Grand View can assist with obtaining an appropriate policy. Policy must be in effect before classes begin.
- Complete the I-901 form and pay the $350 processing fee. You can do this online at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/.
- Apply for F-1 Student Visa. Contact your home country U.S. Consulate.
- Complete Housing Sign-up. Once Grand View receives your enrollment deposit, we will email you the information needed to complete housing sign-up.
- Schedule travel plans to the U.S.
- Post on Social Media. Let all your friends know you'll soon be a GV Viking by sharing the good news on social media using the hashtag #BeAViking!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call at (515) 263-2810 or email at admissions @ grandview.edu.