Getting Settled at GV
We’re delighted you are considering Grand View University for your academic program of study. This is your starting point for important information you need to know.
All Grand View international students are required to have valid health insurance. All F-1 and J-1 Visa status undergraduate international students will be automatically enrolled in the Grand View University sponsored student injury and sickness insurance plan regardless of the number of credit hours taken (with the exception of ISEP participants who are covered through the ISEP program).
- Graduate international students will NOT be automatically enrolled in Grand View's health plan, and will be required to show proof of alternate health insurance coverage.
- Details about the University's student injury and sickness insurance coverage.
- During Orientation, if you have not already contracted your health insurance, we will be available to help you sign up and get necessary documents to Health Services for your file.
Health History Requirement
All Grand View students are required to have on file at Health Services their health history including all required vaccinations.
The Charles S. Johnson Wellness Center
The wellness center provides the following:
- Health Center provides treatment for illnesses and minor injuries. A full-time medical doctor (MD) and nurses are available Monday through Friday. Health Center strives to keep students informed of health concerns and "wellness" topics.
- Counseling provides individual and group therapy for students related to academic, career and personal-social stress in a safe and confidential setting.
- Fitness Center is equipped with work-out machines, basketball courts and more. Access to the fitness center is included in your activities fee.
- Intramural Sports information is available as well.
Check Out Student Life at GV!