Biology (Pre-Medical/Dental; Pre-Physician Assistant; Pre-Veterinary Medicine) Major
Biology is a rapidly growing scientific field. The Bachelor of Science degree in Biology at Grand View University is intended for students interested in post-graduate studies in the allied health field. This program is designed to help students meet the admission requirements for medical, dental, physician assistant, podiatry and veterinary medicine school.
Students engaged in this program will be placed on an academic pathway that prepares them for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), Dental Admission Test (DAT), Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and others, such as the Optometry Admission Test (OAT).
Why Grand View?
- Diverse curriculum that satisfies the admission requirements for medical school and dental school
- Specialty classes such as immunology, histology, and embryology
- Gross anatomy with human cadaver dissections
- Research opportunities, with access to state of the art research equipment
- Expert advising for pre-medical/pre-dental students
- A vocational seminar that helps students get into medical and dental school
Our biology major will prepare you for the following graduate schools:
- Medical school
- Dental school
- Optometry school
- Forensic science
- Graduate studies
What Can I Do With This Major?
“Jori always takes the time to listen to my concerns and help develop a plan of action. She is knowledgeable and loves to share her wisdom. She was recently a student herself so she relates well to students here at GVU.” - Allyssa Angle